Monday, October 10, 2005

Damn it

I have to update my Halloween post now and it's pissing me off.

We got our invites to the party and it's going to be a disco theme. Sounds good to me. The invite came with an engraved lighter that says "burn baby burn" and disco looking paper that looks like the balls they have hanging from the ceilings with the mirrored squares.

But that's not the part that's pissing me off. The bad part is it's not going to be at Rockefellers this year. Due to the fact that last years turn out was not so great, this year they are having it at Cabo. It's a downtown bar/club and it's a small venue. So, don't you know, this year everyone who got an invite will attend and we'll all be packed in like those little fishy things in a can - sardines.

I shouldn't be upset, I mean, I'm glad to get invited. I just have a strange feeling that this year everyone and their brother will be there, that's all. And I really don't like being all dressed up in a costume getting elbowed and all.

Oh and I changed my mind about going as Marilyn Monroe and already got a Wicked Witch of the West costume. The Wizard of OZ is one of my favorite movies. It's not a small costume either. There's a large hat and a full skirt/dress. And don't forget about all that green makeup.

I'm sure we'll all have fun. I already got a hotel reservation at the Alden, a bit pricey, but way better than a DWI and it's in walking distance from Cabo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

awwwww - I'm sad to see Marilyn go :(

but wicked witch - cool!!! I think I'm going to be Dorothy again, if my boobs will fit in my old costume!

Cabo? I'm with ya there on the ick. So small!! It'll still be private, right?

October 10, 2005 at 2:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diedre said...

Yeah, I just don't have the boobs to pull off a good Marilyn I felt after I tried on a dress.

Yes, It'll still be private or maybe just the upstairs part cause it's open bar and all. I've never been to Cabo but have seen it from the outside. Have you?

October 10, 2005 at 2:56:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home