Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Day light come and me wants go home - Rage!


daylight

On my way to work this morning the radio started playing a song by Rush. Now don't get me wrong, I like Rush, even went to one of their concerts when I was in high school (yes, way back then) and have some of their CD's. It was just a very bad time for the radio station to be playing this particular song, which threw me into pissed off mode or was it jealous mode - probably both. The lyrics follow of the song I heard:

"Working Man"

I get up at seven, yeah,
And I go to work at nine.
I got no time for livin',
Yes, I'm workin' all the time.

Chorus
It seems to meI could live my life
A lot better than I think I am.
I guess that's why they call me,
They call me the working man.

They call me the working man.
I guess that's what I am.
I get home at five o'clock,
And I take myself out a nice, cold beer.
Always seem to be wonderin'
Why there's nothin' goin' down here.

Chorus
Well they call me the working man.
I guess that's what I am.

He's a what???!!! A working man, my ass! Who around here doesn't have to be at work until 9! Not me, as I got up at 5:20am this morning, to leave my house before 6am, to be at work at 6:20. WTF? Got no time for living. If I didn't have to be at work until 9am I would at least look like I had gotten some sleep. Working man - no such thing if you don't have to be there till 9! And what the hell did ya do for the two hours in between waking up and getting there. And when you got there, what did you do? - surf the web all day? Tell me again why they call you the working man?

And you get home by 5 o'clock. No way. You ain't no working man, not with the traffic. You're one of those big wigs (Scott Hall) around here that gets to come in late and leave early to play golf or whatever it is they do - that's what you are.

My venting is now complete.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

HAH! Soooooo with you! I'm up at 5:30 and on the road at 6:30 - I don't return home until 6:15 if I'm lucky! 12 hours of my day - WORKING! Whatever did happen to 9-5?

January 19, 2006 at 9:57:00 AM CST  
Blogger Diedre said...

I know! I don't believe there ever was a 9 to 5 except in the movies. At least not for worker bees.

January 19, 2006 at 10:55:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home