Monday, March 13, 2006

Hockey Pucks

My Father's mother, my Grandmother, used to (when she was alive) send us in the mail every so often a cookie bar type sweet that although it has a different name, my Father named them "hockey Pucks". These treats were - as you can guess - very hard, hence the given name. Even though this cookie bar thing was almost as hard as a baseball they never lasted long in the kitchen. My Mom was not known for her baking abilities, so we all eat them up like a miner digs for gold.

On Saturday I made a batch of these cookie things using my Grandma's recipe to send some to my Dad as a nice reminder of his mother. Well, they didn't turn out as hard as a rock and now that I remember Grandma always use to over cook very thing anyway. Guess I should have left them in the oven about 10 or 15 minutes longer than called for - just so that I could send that exact Grandma touch. Oh, well maybe next time. My Dad should be expecting them to arrive on Tuesday and I hope that they are all broken up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home