Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Morning Crack Whore and me

Not every morning, but most mornings on my way into work there is this crack whore standing right next, actually leaning up against the wall of the local Burger King fast food chain. She's always smoking a cig and hold a plastic, white grocery bag in her left hand away from her body like it contains an aborted fetus or used rubbers. She keeps looking back and forth too, keeping an eye out for something. Yesterday and today she was wearing the same clothes. Where I work isn't that bad of a part of town - it isn't the nicest - but it's not the part of town where you would expect to find a whore working. I once worked in a really, really bad part of town Hwy45 North and the 610 Loop - across the Freeway was a half-way-house and down the street was an adult daycare. I had never in my whole life seen an adult daycare before and the people walking to and from that place were very, very scary!!! So, it's kind of surprising to see a morning crack whore near where I work now. Surprising and interesting, too. If I don't see her tomorrow I'm going to start worrying about her, I just know it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

How do you know she's a crack whore? Maybe her boyfriend went into the Burger King yesterday to take a dump and she's been waiting for him ever since. If she's been standing there all night it's no wonder she looks so rough and hasn't had the opportunity to change her clothes.

June 14, 2006 at 3:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diedre said...

You could be correct; however, she wasn't there yesterday evening when I was leaving work at around 7pm. We'll see. I'll be keeping a watch out for her.

June 14, 2006 at 3:43:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home