Saturday, June 03, 2006

People with overbites

What prompted me to write this is last night my husband and I were watching Comedy Central and Vic Henley (who I have seen before) was on, he had an over bite.

I have realized more and more over the years that I am very attracted to people who have an over bite. Why? You might ask. I don't know. The only reason I can guess at is that theory of stages we go through when growing up where we love ourselves first. I had a major over bite that my parents had corrected with braces for a little over 3 years. The braces were on from grades 5th thru 7th, then a nighttime retainer for grade 8th. 4 teeth were removed in the prep-work when I was in 4th grade (I still have them along with the wisdom teeth that were cut out when I was in 10th grade). When I think of the dollars spent in correcting something that totally turns me on when I see it on other people, I wonder why was it done? Couldn't that money have been spent in better ways? I was already use to the teasing that kids do. Maybe I don't remember how pronounced my over bite was and have forgotten somewhat. I don't know. I guess it meant that my parents loved me. And I wonder what I would have looked like today with that over bite that God gave me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home