Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's Thursday it must be hot dogs

My Mom did not like cooking and her meals showed it. Every Thursday for as long as I can remember was hot dogs and canned corn night.

Thursday was Mom's shopping and beauty shop day. Which means that by the time she got home from all her running around . . .
1. she was too tired to cook
2. there was very little time to cook
3. it was her excuse day

Monday = spaghetti night
Tuesday = casserole night
Wednesday = meat loaf or something gross
Thursday = hot dogs and canned corn
Friday = shake-n-bake chicken
Saturday = hamburgers and soup
Sunday = steaks, huge salad and some wonderful veggie (Dad cooked this night)

Some of her revolving meals for Wednesday or Tuesday night; waffles with sausages, navy beans with corn bread (eaten with butter and syrup), canned chili with peanutbutter crackers, a soup that she made that had a ton of lima beans in it and we were all expected to eat it until the time I said I was allergic to lima beans and to prove my point I puked right there at the table after being made to eat one (obviously I hate lima beans), pork chops with apple sauce (I kid you not), ground beef steak with green beans. I could go on but I think you get the picture.

But now looking back I have to hand it to my Mom she did cook almost every night without a break in sight. We hardly ever went out to eat, it just wasn't done. There was three growing children and two adults it would have gotten costly to go out all the time. Thanks Mom! I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home