Friday, February 10, 2006

Expressionism Baby!


The Fox

Of course I took Art History in college and loved it, but that's not where I'm going with this. In an Art Design course one of our projects was to pick a painting and attempt to duplicate it exactly - especially color. I picked the above. We also had to get the professor to approve our selected art that we were going copy before starting. Well, he didn't approve mine. He stated that it would be too complicated and to find something else (it was a first year course). I didn't. I fell in love with this piece of work and the artist, Franz Marc. It took weeks for me to finish - weeks! I carefully copied the design via a technique I had learned in high school and carefully combined the colors to get it right (he had us using acrylic paint). I got a B+. It is now framed in front of my diploma, notice which I prize more.

To see more of Franz Marc's work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

so is that one yours or franz's?? I like it either way!

February 13, 2006 at 1:52:00 PM CST  
Blogger Diedre said...

It's Franz's. I'll have to take a picture of mine so you can compare.

February 13, 2006 at 2:15:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home