Tuesday, March 13, 2007

warm sleep

I awoke this morning in my favorite way, all nice and toasty, with my body emitting heat.


It has taken me awhile to get use to the new sleeping arrangement. My hubby had been complaining of the old quilts that I use, say that he has been tired of pulling up on the blankets/quilts and hearing rips / tears. So about two months ago I went out shopping to get new bedding. Goodbye old heirloom quilts - change is so hard for me. My hubby had one request - NO FLOWERS. Okay I can do that. At the store I went straight to the machine made quilts. I found several I like right away, some had flowers (the ones I like best did - tiny small sewed on ones), others didn't. Well, I was almost going to walk out of the store with one (machine made) quilt at $149 when I saw that the price for a set of queen set (including pillow cases), two pillow shams (which I don't use), a bed skirt and a comforter was $199. I've never has a bed skirt I thought, I bet that would make the room look a little nicer. What can I say I put aside the quilt with the tiny sewed on flowers and got the thing with the bed skirt.

The comforter doesn't have the weight I need, it turns out that not only do I need the warmth, but the weight is an issue as well, something heavy on top of me holding me down. It must be a throw back to my babyhood, my mother must have kept me tightly bundled, even though I was a summer baby.

I am just now getting use to the new bedding and dig this, I've got my old quilt on top of the comforter, but only on my side of the bed. And the hubby, who really only needs a sheet, also pushes his part of the comforter on my side of the bed.

Toasty!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

hey chickie - shoot me your email addy - I wanted to add you to the private blog thing :)

March 13, 2007 at 3:46:00 PM CST  
Blogger Diedre said...

Nessa, I've missed you. I was wonmdering what happened to you. and I can't shoot you an email as it will not allow. So just for you baby!

dimeolathecat@gmail.com

March 13, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home