Monday, February 27, 2006

Phones


phones

I can't help it, but if it's a Toshiba or a Tadrian or a Mitel phone I will know the part number with one glance (and maybe if it's an Avaya or the old AT&T phones). It's call occupational hazard. I was watching ER and they use the Mitel phones, but the show didn't start out using them. And just by watching the commercial for When a Stranger Calls I know that the phone system used in the house is a Mitel ICP (either 200 or 3300), because the phone she answers the call on is a 5200 series. When in the check out at varies stores if I just glance at the phone I get general information as to the phone system they use and what type. Too much crap in my head, but I'm not the only one. Others who I work with do the exact same thing and we talk about it. For us when we see the phones that we sell in movies or on a TV show it's almost like free advertising.

But don't ask me to program the speed dials on your cordless phone that you bought for you house like I'm suppose to know how without reading the instructions, just because I work on business communications does not mean I know home phones. When I get home in the evening I don't even look at a phone, much less answer one. The minute I walk out of the office I totally become technically inept and I like it that way.


P.S. Avaya = apply vaseline around your anus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

did you know that a guy I went to high school with wrote the new adapted screenplay for that movie? crazy, huh?

March 7, 2006 at 10:32:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home