Friday, March 31, 2006

Day 7

I did it! I went to the bar last night and had two very strong drinks (thanks to my favorite bartender, Margie) and did not have one cigarette. There was one moment that I wanted one, but I let it pass. Margie said if I can go 21 days then I'll be in the clear. I hope she is right. I also sat next to people who don't smoke. Larry the leg man has never smoked, Mike said he had been smoke free for 5 years (after 30 years of smoking) and Big Joe I know he hasn't smoked for over a year and a half. So that helped out as well.

I wish I could say the same for the old hubby. The doctor prescribed him a medicine to help with his cravings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was a pack-a-day smoker (two packs if I went out to the bars) and I'm closing in on four months of being cigarette-free. It ain't easy but you can do it. One thing that does make it easier is that Chicago bars are now smoke-free, so the temptation is gone.

April 21, 2006 at 12:42:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home