Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The boys new bass

Posted by Picasa

It's a story.

My son for Christmas wanted an electric guitar (he's a bass player normally), but he's been wanting it to play around on other than his acoustic guitar. So, I figured that I would take him to pick one out. I can't very well just go grab one for him from any old store and expect it to be what he wants, it's got to fit him - in size and sound and everything in between. My mother, however, who thought herself cleaver, bought him a beginner guitar from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
"Oh, dear God" I thought to myself when she told me, "how am I ever going to get the receipt from her to return it?" Well, we can't. It would just hurt her feelings too much.

So, this past weekend I took the boy to this local guitar shop. The boys jaw dropped and the eyes glazed over at the selection. I accidently knew the sales rep from college - surprise surprise - it is a small world after all - I thought I'd never see him again - oh well. So while we were gabbing about old times. Duncan looked around for over an hour and decided he wanted this 5 string jazz bass. I think the boy is in love. He's going to sell his old bass, the new beginner guitar and an old amp and I'll probably pitched some money in and get the electric guitar later - probably closer to his birthday - don'tcha know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home